Continuous Improvement Leader
Kaysun Corporation, located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, designs and manufactures complex, tight tolerance plastic injection molded products and assemblies for the defense/security, medical, industrial, and niche automotive markets. For over 60 years, Kaysun has built an industry leading reputation of successfully meeting the toughest manufacturing challenges in diverse markets across the globe.
We have an opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Leader to plan, direct, facilitate, and coordinate Continuous Improvements (CI) events or projects in our manufacturing facility, in accordance with the Continuous Improvement initiatives and objectives of the organization.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
• Introduces, develops, facilitates/teaches, and implements lean philosophies and activities throughout the organization.
• Instills a lean manufacturing culture using lean principles to all people in the organization.
• Leads, facilitates and executes projects using Lean principles and Continuous Improvement framework to enhance the overall effectiveness of manufacturing operations and achieve operational excellence.
• Develops CI metrics, delivers results, and showcase successes of CI.
• Play a hands-on role in designing best-in-class processes that eliminate waste, variability, errors, and non-value added steps.
• Facilitates value stream mapping of critical processes for the manufacturing operations and other support departments as needed.
• Maintains a CI curriculum and “tool box” so that all tools are consistently taught and used properly across the organization.
• Is the deployment champion for Problem Solving methods and CI techniques, and leads efforts to formalize use in the facility.
• Analyzes improvement opportunities as well as guide and plan actions around safety, quality, people and productivity improvement initiatives.
• Uses project management skills to lead new equipment installations, plant layouts, and facility improvement projects.
• Represents the company with vendors and customers in a professional manner.
• Supports, follows and promotes all established safety policies and procedures.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies (such as Optima).
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering field is required.
• 3-5 years Lean Six Sigma experience with proven results in a manufacturing setting is required.
• Certification in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement and experience with Six Sigma methodologies very strongly preferred.
• Strategic planning experience preferred.
• Must have demonstrated ability to successfully facilitate cross-functional projects in a team based environment.
• Value-stream mapping experience required.
• Project management experience required.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required. Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, vendors, and employees of the organization. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, and have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Advanced computer proficiency in a Windows environment is required, preferably with Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with IQMS or related integrated manufacturing software is strongly preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Project is preferred. Proficiency with Solidworks/CAD is strongly preferred.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the office work environment is low, and the noise level in the production work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
If you are interested in working in an environment where Optimism, Innovation and Teamwork are among our core values, then you’re invited to explore this opportunity further. To apply, please submit your resume with salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to KAYSUN CORPORATION, Attn: Human Resources, 5500 West Drive Manitowoc, WI 54220
You may also apply online by clicking the button below.
Kaysun Corporation offers a robust benefit plan which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, flex spending, HSA accounts with company contribution, quarterly profit sharing bonus program, and 401k plan with company match. In addition, Kaysun promotes wellness and provides annual health risk assessments at no charge to all employees and their spouses, offers a 75% health club membership reimbursement as well as an onsite state of the art wellness facility and classes.
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Watch this video for more on the advantages of working with Kaysun.