Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement Engineer
Kaysun Corporation, located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, designs and manufactures complex, tight tolerance plastic injection molded products and assemblies for the defense/security, medical, industrial, and niche automotive markets. For over 60 years, Kaysun has built an industry leading reputation of successfully meeting the toughest manufacturing challenges in diverse markets across the globe.
We have an opportunity for a Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Engineer to plan, direct, facilitate, and coordinate manufacturing processes and process improvement events or project in the manufacturing facility, in accordance with the Continuous Improvement initiatives and objectives of the organization.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing processes and procedures to maximize profits and ensure employee safety.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Confers with tooling, project engineering and manufacturing staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Communicates with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Project member to estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs information and provides to management for project planning decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Resolves questions/concerns to Molding Technicians, Setup Technicians and other manufacturing personnel in proper processing techniques.
- Evaluate customer rejections to determine the root cause of the problem and assist Quality and Manufacturing Departments in developing corrective actions to resolve the problem.
- Facilitates and leads Continuous Improvement events and projects to reduce wastes.
- Represents the company with vendors and customers in a professional manner.
- Supports, follows and promotes all established safety policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development and supports the Continuous Improvement initiatives of the company.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies (such as Optima).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions:
- A Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is required.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in a Continuous Improvement environment.
- If non-degreed, must possess a minimum of 4 years of experience as a tool maker or process technician in an injection molding environment and 5 years of on-the-job experience as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement and experience with Six Sigma methodologies very strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required. Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, vendors, and employees of the organization. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, and have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Advanced computer proficiency in a Windows environment is required, preferably with Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with IQMS or related integrated manufacturing software is strongly preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Project is preferred. Proficiency with Solidworks/CAD is strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems, the ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases, and the ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is low, and the noise level in the production work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
If you are interested in working in an environment where Optimism, Innovation and Teamwork are among our core values, then you’re invited to explore this opportunity further. To apply, please submit your resume with salary requirements via email to email@example.com or by mail to KAYSUN CORPORATION, Attn: Human Resources, 5500 West Drive Manitowoc, WI 54220
You may also apply online by clicking the button below.
Kaysun Corporation offers a robust benefit plan which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, flex spending, HSA accounts with company contribution, quarterly profit sharing bonus program, and 401k plan with company match. In addition, Kaysun promotes wellness and provides annual health risk assessments at no charge to all employees and their spouses, offers a 75% health club membership reimbursement as well as an onsite state of the art wellness facility and classes.
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Watch this video for more on the advantages of working with Kaysun.