Kaysun Corporation, located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, designs and manufactures complex, tight tolerance plastic injection molded products and assemblies for the defense/security, medical, industrial, and niche automotive markets. For over 60 years, Kaysun has built an industry leading reputation of successfully meeting the toughest manufacturing challenges in diverse markets across the globe.
We have an opportunity for a Mold Tech to start and troubleshoot molding machines, automation, and auxiliary equipment.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Communicates with Mold Technicians on the preceding shift at shift change.
- Prioritizes daily tasks.
- Monitors IQMS Real Time to ensure startups are completed in a timely manner. Updates Downtime Codes as needed.
- Monitors jobs using Real Time and ensure they are running to cycle.
- Monitors RJG Advanced System Overviewer to ensure process is within alarm bands.
- Ensures the equipment has proper safety guarding in place.
- Ensure the setup is done correctly prior to starting the molding machine to avoid scrap. (Water, temperatures, log, etc...)
- Communicates setup errors directly to the Set-Up Technicians on shift, and/or documents through e-mail.
- Answers alarms promptly and maintains ongoing operations.
- Demonstrates ability to control and manipulate part dimensions. Increase, decrease, warp, etc.…
- Demonstrates ability to correctly minimize and control flash.
- Demonstrates ability to correctly minimize sinks and eliminate shorts.
- While troubleshooting can systematically separate/distinguish mold, material, machine, and process for proper root cause analysis.
- Ability to read part prints and use calipers, micrometers, height gages, gage pins, etc.… to measure parts while troubleshooting defects.
- Adjusts processes to make acceptable parts, working with Quality and Engineering as needed.
- Documents process changes in the back of the Blue Book.
- Creates a new process log in the event that a solution is found for a recurring problem.
- Cleans vents, and takes mold and melt temperatures as needed.
- Adjusts or programs automation and auxiliary equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic and hydraulic failures. Lines, hoses, switches, sensors, wiring, etc.…
- Addresses operator concerns and communicate major issues to the Shift Supervisor.
- Conducts process audits.
- Pull and Set tools as time permits.
- Mentors and works with Set-Up Technicians for future transition into Mold Technician role.
- Follows all established safety policies and procedures.
- Follows established Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
- Safely operates lift cranes and forklifts to move molds and other material.
- Supports the Lean Manufacturing initiatives of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions:
A high school diploma/GED and a minimum of two years processing experience as a Set-up Technician in an injection molding environment or equivalent relevant experience required. Master Molder Certification preferred with RJG EDart experience. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Previous experience with IQMS or related integrated manufacturing software strongly preferred. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs required. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
If you are interested in working in an environment where Optimism, Innovation and Teamwork are among our core values, then you’re invited to explore this opportunity further. To apply, please submit your resume with salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to KAYSUN CORPORATION, Attn: Human Resources, 5500 West Drive Manitowoc, WI 54220
Kaysun Corporation offers a robust benefit plan which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and flexible spending for medical and dependent care expenses. Join our team and to be a part of success that is paid in quarterly profit sharing bonuses! In addition, Kaysun promotes wellness and provides annual health risk assessments at no charge to all employees and their spouses, offers a 75% health club membership reimbursement as well as an onsite state of the art wellness facility.
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Watch this video for more on the advantages of working with Kaysun.